- About Us
- Photo Galleries
PATHWAY SUMMER SCHOLARS PROGRAM
Professional Support for Educators in NET-Q Schools
Georgia State University College of Education
The Pathway Summer Scholars Program supported by the Network for Enhancing Teacher Quality Grant
(NET-Q) in local Professional Development Schools (PDS), is offered to Teachers and Administrators interested in starting a graduate program at Georgia State University (GSU) or currently enrolled in a graduate program at GSU.
WHAT PRINCIPALS NEED TO DO:
WHAT INTERESTED TEACHERS/ADMINISTRATORS NEED TO DO:
Interested Applicants - see attached documents for more information
Pathway Summer Scholars Program (PSSP) Application Procedures:
- Applications will be sent to selected Scholars after receiving confirmation from the principal.
- Selected Scholars must complete the PSSP application and return it electronically by April 30th to Patsy Terry, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and Shaila Philpot at email@example.com.
- Scholars are hired as Graduate Research Assistants (GRA), and instructions for GRA hiring will be sent by the NET-Q Business Manager at a later date.
- After GRA hiring procedures are completed a tuition waiver will be placed on your account for summer semester registration purposes.
- Scholars/GRA’s may take up to 3 courses in addition to a REQUIRED GRA course.
- GRA’s are assigned to a faculty member in his/her selected department. Faculty members and Scholars are usually matched based on research interest.
- GRA research related time commitment during the summer is 20hrs per week. The arrangement of GRA time is decided upon between Scholar and GSU faculty person.
- Scholars/GRA’s are required to pay approximately $814.00 in student fees, and must show proof of health insurance.
- Scholars/GRA’s are required to attend two meeting during the semester. The first is an orientation meeting at the beginning of the semester and a final meeting near the end of the semester where GRA work is presented.
- GSU contact number for Shaila Philpot, NET-Q Program Assistant is (404)413-8433.
|Pathways Summer Scholar Program.doc||461 KB|
|PATHWAY SUMMER SCHOLARS PROGRAM APPLICATION.doc||441 KB|